Attending Your Dental Appointment During The COVID-19 Pandemic
Further to the Government’s announcement, that dental practices could re-open in England on 8th June 2020, we are pleased to
say that Royal House Dental Centre has been seeing patients since then.
Our opening has been phased over time so we can meet with current guidelines, and to begin with we have fewer staff and a limited capacity.
Initially we will be seeing patients requiring urgent or emergency treatment only.
Under current circumstances, due to the nature of some types of treatment, you may find that we can only offer you appointments at particular
times of the day.
Many appointments have had to be made longer due to the current situation. This is the case with both dental and hygienist appointments particularly
where the use the quicker ultrasonic scaler is restricted and the clean down between patients takes longer.
CHANGES WE HAVE MADE
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these
changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- The practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some health screening
questions. You will be sent an email with important information for you to fill out.
Please fill this out and return to us by email. You will be asked some of those same
questions again when you attend your appointment.
- Initially we will assess your dental requirements over the phone and may also ask
you to send photos of the problem if appropriate. At this stage we are limited in
what treatment we can provide, and we may only be able to offer a temporary
solution with the view to something more permanent as restrictions are lifted. The
decision on what we can do may not be determined until the actual appointment
- Payment for the appointment can be made by card using a covered and sanitised
card machine. You may choose to use Apple Pay or equivalent to make the payment
- PLEASE ATTEND THE PRACTICE PROMPTLY AND ON YOUR OWN IF YOU CAN. BRING
THE ABSOLUTE MINIMUM NUMBER OF BELONGINGS WITH YOU INCLUDING NO
BAGS OR OUTDOOR COAT IF POSSIBLE. PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THE TOILETS IN THE
PRACTICE WILL NOT BE IN USE.
- THE WAITING ROOM IS IN USE AGAIN. PLEASE ENTER THE PRACTICE THROUGH THE
USUAL FRONT DOOR. ONLY ARRIVE A MINUTE OR TWO BEFORE YOUR
APPOINTMENT TIME TO KEEP THE USE OF THE WAITING ROOM TO A MINIMUM
AND TO AVOID CROWDING.
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You
will be asked to have your temperature read by a non-contact thermal scanner.
- There is a one-way system in place to control patient flow through the practice.
Please kindly follow the directions and arrows. You can enter through the usual front
door and afterwards will leave through the side door to avoid re-entering the waiting
room. PLEASE DO NOT RE-ENTER THE WAITING ROOM AFTER HAVING YOUR
TREATMENT UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That
might mean that there are fewer choices of appointment times.
- We will have much longer times between appointments to minimise the amount of
people in the building and to maintain social distancing.
- PLEASE ARRIVE IN YOUR OWN FACE MASK.
- IF YOU DEVELOP WHAT MIGHT BE COVID SYMPTOMS BEFORE YOUR
APPOINTMENT, PLEASE PHONE THE PRACTICE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO LET US
We very much look forward to seeing all our patients again soon.
All the team, Royal House Dental Centre